For the gazpacho
- 1 Lililup melon
- 85g green pepper
- 135g cucumber
- 30g EVOO
- 55g onion
For the asparagus
- 4 fresh white asparagus spears
- Water with salt and sugar (5g of each per litre of water)
For the vinaigrette
- 50g green pepper
- 30g red pepper
- 40g onion
- Fresh coriander
- 25g EVOO
- 20g sherry vinegar
- First we cook the white asparagus. For this, we tie them together and stand them vertically in a pan with water, salt and sugar to prevent the tips from cooking. We will cook them in this position for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Once we can easily pass through the stem with a knife, we lie them down, untie them and cook the whole asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the asparagus in the hot water for another 5 minutes. It is important to cook the asparagus with a small amount of sugar to prevent them from turning bitter.
- While the asparagus is cooking, we’ll prepare the green gazpacho. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a fine mixture with no lumps. Sample and season with salt. Put in the fridge to serve cold.
- Prepare the vinaigrette for the asparagus, cutting all the vegetables in brunoise, in other words, in very small squares. Put them in a pot and dress with salt, EVOO and vinegar. Mix well and add chopped coriander to taste.
- Cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Serve the green gazpacho in a bowl, garnish with the asparagus, a few spoons of vinaigrette and enjoy!
Simple, refreshing and very nutritious. Lililup melon gazpacho is one of this summer’s star dishes!
Enjoy an innovative concept – it’s healthy, too.
The main ingredient is our Lililup melon, with its juicy texture and flavour you’ll fall in love with. The recipe also includes asparagus, red pepper and green pepper, cucumber, onion and a good dressing made from oil and a dash of sherry vinegar. A very light gazpacho soup that you’ll love!