- 1 Lililup melon
- Select seasonal fruit to go with the melon – aim for the same hardness. We’ve chosen apple and persimmon.
- Crushed almonds to serve
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 teaspoon of orange blossom essence (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- Put all of the ingredients for the pickle in a pan and heat.
- Cut off the top part of the melon and hollow it out. Carefully use a spoon to to remove the flesh of the melon and set it to one side. Turn your melon into a bowl.
- Dice the melon and cut the rest of the fruit into cubes or spheres. Put the fruit in a glass jar where they will be macerated before serving.
- Once the pickle starts to simmer, wait 5 minutes and then take it off the heat.
- Pour the hot liquid over the fruit, ensuring that they are well covered. Close the jar (don’t worry about it filling up with steam), leave to cool at room temperature before putting it in the fridge, where you should then leave it for 24 hours.
- The next day, drain the fruit and put it into the Lililup melon bowl. Serve with crushed almonds.
Make this delicious recipe for Lililup melon filled with pickled fruit. An exotic, bit-tersweet flavour that will delight the most discerning of taste buds. A unique dish that’s easy to make, and which never fails to amaze.
Enjoy an innovative concept – it’s healthy, too.
It looks stunning, but nothing comes close to its flavour. This dish can also be made all year round thanks to the availability of our Lililup melon. So you won’t have to wait to try it!