- 1 Lililup melon
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk.
- 1 teaspoon of agar-agar.
- 1-2 tablespoons of syrup.
- Cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Juice of half a lemon and a slice of lemon peel.
- Cut off the top part of the melon and hollow it out. Carefully use a spoon to to remove the flesh of the melon and set it to one side. Turn your melon into a bowl.
- Cut the melon into cubes. Add it to a pan with a little water and cook. Then add the syrup and cook until it breaks down. Mash it little by little.
- When it’s ready, add the vegan milk, the slice of lemon peel, the juice and the cinnamon, both ground and the stick. Once it starts to boil, add the agar-agar and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave it to rest for a few minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and the lemon peel, then blend the remaining mixture together. Pour into moulds and leave to cool at room temperature before putting in the fridge.
Enjoy a delightful custard dessert made using our Lililup melon. A classic home-made comfort dessert, now with a new, healthy twist. A recipe that’s more than welcome at any gathering, no matter what time of year.
Enjoy an innovative concept – it’s healthy, too.
Lililup custard is a delicious dessert that nobody can resist. It also makes a great afternoon snack, with a little extra cinnamon sprinkled on top if you fancy it. It doesn’t need any accompaniment, but we love to enjoy ours with a cup of coffee.