For the marinade
- 250ml lime juice
- 250ml lemon juice
- 1 finely sliced red onion 2 tomatoes (only the pulp)
- 40g salt
- 20g sugar
For the Ceviche, Melon and Oysters
- Flesh of the melon (without juice or seeds)
- 8 good-sized “Guillardeau” Bretagne oysters Filtered “Tiger milk” marinade
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 coriander leaves
- 1 medium basil leaf
- 2 medium mint leaves
- A pinch of lime and lemon zest (without the white part)
- Mix all the ingredients and put in a vacuum bag. Close the bag and leave to rest. Before using the marinade or “tiger milk”, we will strain it through a sieve.
Handling the melon (8 Lililup melons)
- Cut the top off the melon and set aside. Remove the inside, leaving a 1cm layer of flesh. Set aside the flesh removed with the Jimbee spoon for the ceviche. Put the seeds in a mesh strainer and put any juice that comes out in a bowl.
- Put the ceviche marinade in a bowl and add the red onion (cut into very, very fine slices) along with the herbs (also finely chopped). Add a some lemon and lime zest (without the white part) with the help of a microplane grater. Then add the melon. Open the oysters and remove them from their shells, ensuring that there is absolutely no shell in the ceviche. Cut the oysters into three or four pieces, and add them to the ceviche. Marinate for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- Place the oyster and melon elegantly inside the Jimbee melons. Add the onion slices from the marinade and garnish with coriander, mint and basil leaves and sprouts. Finish with a drizzle of oil.
A recipe created by Jordi Cruz at the Fruit Attraction cooking show
Enjoy an innovative concept – it’s healthy, too.
We bring you the spectacular recipe prepared by Jordi Cruz at our JimboFresh stand for the Fruit Attraction 2019 fair. María Saboreanda was also there working alongside Jordi Cruz to produce this fantastic recipe.