- 1 Lililup melon
- 1 avocado
- 50g ricotta cheese
- Smoked salmon
- Smoked cod
- Smoked tuna
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Yoghurt dressing:
- Two tablespoons of Greek or other creamy yoghurt 100ml sunflower oil
- Red caviar substitute
- Cut the melon into strips the same size as the smoked fish slices, or into thin strips that can be rolled up.
- Cut, peel and pit the avocado, then crush the flesh with a fork and add two teaspoons of lemon juice, two of the oil, and some salt, pepper and dill.
- Place some of the avocado and melon on top of one fish slice, and secure with a toothpick.
- For the cheese rolls, break up the ricotta cheese and add a little oil, salt, pepper and dill. Fill the roll with the cheese.
Now prepare the yoghurt dressing
- Into the mixer, put two tablespoons of yoghurt, some salt, pepper and dill, a few drops of lemon juice, then mix, gradually adding a little bit of oil at a time until the mixture thickens.
- Decorate the rolls with the caviar substitute and the yoghurt dressing.
This platter of smoked fish with Lililup melon is a delicious invention. It is the perfect alternative or complement to your repertoire of Christmas appetisers. Easy to make and doesn’t require any extra work. The perfect recipe for unleashing your creativity.
Enjoy an innovative concept – it’s healthy, too.
The essential accompaniment to this smoked fish with Lililup melon is a yoghurt dressing, which you can have on the side with bread, or add directly onto the fish. A simple garnish that’s light, fresh and easy to make, and will stand out on any table or platter.